This sounds like a Golden Girls dream come true, but despite what you might think, this recipe is sure to keep us friends of Dorothy fit and fuelled for our next workout.
From the geniuses over at MyProtein, this cheesecake-stuffed banana bread manages to pack in 10g of protein and is just 156 kcal per slice.
The trick is substituting more traditional baking ingredients for things like the MyProtein Sugar-Free Syrup and using Vanilla Impact Whey Protein to make the banana bread tasty, satisfying, and brimming with protein.
So let’s give it a go!
Makes: 10 slices
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Equipment needed: 9×5” loaf tin
For the banana bread:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 120ml Sugar-Free Syrup (Maple)
- 40g Coconut Oil (softened)
- 125g plain flour
- 2 scoops Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 large egg
- 110g softened low-fat cream cheese
- 60ml Sugar-Free Syrup (Maple)
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- First preheat the oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
- Next, make the banana bread batter. Mash the bananas in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the egg, Sugar-Free Syrup, and softened coconut oil into the mixture.
- Add the flour, Impact Whey Protein and baking powder and mix using a spoon until well-combined (but small lumps are still slightly visible). Set aside.
- Now make the cream cheese filling. Mix the egg, low-fat cream cheese, Sugar-Free Syrup, and Impact Whey Protein in a small bowl.
- Pour half the banana bread batter into a greased 9×5” loaf tin. Pour the cream cheese filling evenly over the banana batter. Pour the remaining banana bread batter on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread. Baking times may vary, so keep an eye on the bread!
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Slice into 10 slices and enjoy!
Amount per serving
|Calories||156kcal||54 Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value *|
All sorts of Gay Fitness stuff!
It’s January which means most of us will be thinking about getting back into shape. That’s what we’re here for, and there are loads of ways you can follow us and take part.
Sharing is caring
If you found this article even slightly interesting, informative, funny, or ridiculous, then please give us a like, share, tweet, tumble, flip, or follow.
And you can also receive weekly workouts for free by subscribing to our newsletter. Happy gaying!